Sunday, February 22, 2009

RIP BuggBoyZ Racer

Well, the race weekend didn't go exactly as planned. There's an old saying: cold tires + cold track + cold driver = bad news. On the second lap of the first practice session, I made a classic mistake - pushing too hard too early - and ended up hitting a concrete wall with the driver's side of the car. The impact was hard enough to destroy both front and rear suspensions, bend the drive axle, and 'kink' the chassis. As of right now, I believe the car is history.

I spent the day in the ER of the local Gainesville, GA hospital getting neck x-rays and a CT scan. (The track medical staff just wanted to be sure I was ok before releasing me.) Everything came back clear, so nothing to worry about. A little bit of Advil and I was able to get everything loaded on the trailer and made the drive home Saturday evening.

It was a little bit scarey for a while, but God is good and protects his children - even the foolish ones, thankfully.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

George,
I bought your '84 VanDeimen from Ed Petak and am looking for some history. Can you drop me a line so we can talk?
johnderosia@gmail.com